Hello again! Over the past few weeks I have begun to introduce the idea of Scholars and Knowledge including the icons for depth and complexity. In my homeroom class, one student remembered them from last school year and became very excited when she saw them!
We discussed what scholars do everyday and have begun to add the vocabulary to their everyday lives. Out of the four strands so far, my most difficult to implement has been differentiation because of the time constraint. After our last meeting together, I reflected on a lunchtime conversation we had. The other two teachers were discussing the idea of putting whole group time off if need be, to ensure small group and differntiated instruction takes place. I was beginning to feel as though I was working very hard to ensure quality small group times and workstations are taking place, and then I was running out of time to complete them.
Today and Friday I stayed very cogniscent of the time and made sure to end when I said I would to ensure time to meet with my students in small group to differentiate. Also, when I was teaching the lesson whole group I had certain children work on individual or group problems which seemed to really help a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment